Posts Tagged "Yancy"
Thanks to all of you who entered the free giveaway for the Yancy CD/DVD Combo pack. Thanks also to Yancy for giving it to me to give away in the first place. I wish everyone could have won, I really do, but I fed all the names into Random.org, and the winner is….
COMMANDER BILL GUNTER
Commander Bill is on Twitter @CommanderBill. He also has a wonderful Awana focused community website at http://www.commanderbill.net/. If you are at all associated with Awana, you should check out Bill’s site. Finally, Bill is a contributing author to Kidmin1124.com. Kidmin1124.com is actually a site which I am the editor of which features a collection of highly respected authors (present company excluded) who write about volunteer issues all from the perspective of volunteers and bi-vocational children’s ministers. Of course, that made naming him the winner feel a little bit like picking your best friend first when picking teams on the playground , but since it was based on a random list generator, I don’t feel quite so bad.Read More
Last week I posted about a brand new CD from Yancy that came out this past Tuesday. We are still giving away a CD/DVD combo as part of that article. I am going to the leave the contest open until midnight tonight (EST). So, you still have time to enter. All you have to do is one or all of the following (the more you do, the more times you are answered):
- Leave a comment in the comment section below.
- Tweet the following: @stocksohio is giving away the CD/DVD of @yancynotnancy’s new album. Check it out for your chance to win: http://wp.me/pN5Ju-19F #kidmin
- Tweet todays review using the Tweet button on the left.
Today, I wanted to take some time to review the album. It seems to me that the best way to do that is song-by-song, so that is what I am going to do. Before I do that though, I wanted to make some general observations. First, I am not the type of person who usually likes a CD in its entirety right out of the box. There are a handful of CDs where I can honestly say I really like all of the songs, but for most of those there were at least a couple of songs that took a little while to grow on me. I can honestly tell you that the first time I listened to this CD from front to back, I fell in love with the songs. I love them as someone in children’s ministry who can definitely use them in class. I love them as the father to a daughter who really likes Yancy. Most importantly though, I just love them myself. I could, and will, listen to this album whether the kids are around or not. To me, that is an essential element in good children’s ministry music – it relates to both kids and parents. So, without any further introduction, here is my song-by-song review:Read More
NOTE: I am so excited about this new CD that I want everyone to win a copy! Unfortunately, I only have one to give away (see below for how to enter). But there are other opportunities to win as well. Check these blogs out and enter to win there as well (I will continue to update this list as I hear about, and find, more giveaways – plus every time I update it it shows up on CMConnect as a new article. So, that’s an added bonus/issue I need to look into):
- Dan Scott (drawing winner 11/2)
- Joe McAlpine (drawing winner 11/4)
- Greg Baird (winner to be announced 11/4 – pretty sure Greg picked the fourth solely to be listed above Jim Wideman in this list!)
- Jim Wideman – the proud poppa, and deservedly so (drawing winner 11/5 – great minds think alike)
- Matt McKee (drawing winner 11/5 – I think he copied that from me!)
- Justyn Smith (drawing winner 11/5 – Really? Another 11/5? Oh well. :))
- Sam Luce (no end date, but I’m sure he’ll draw the line somwhere)
- Keith Tussing (like Sam refuses to be tied down to a specific end date, but he is giving one away).
- Lyndsey Whitney (not announced yet, but I got the inside scoop – it will be coming soon!)
Unfortunately, you already missed out on your chance to win from Kenny Conley and Jonathan Cliff, so make sure not to miss out on the opportunities above. We not return to you to your original article!
Here is my next installment of notes from the CMTelesummit.
- Been around children’s ministry her entire life.
- Praise and Worship
- What is the purpose of worship leaders?
- Worship is communication
- Communication with God
- As leaders, worship time is also communication to kids or families
- Everything we do communicates something to our audience
- Worship is communication
- “Leading Worship is more about your leadership ability than your musical ability.”