Posts Tagged "Poetry"
Here is the Monthly Round Up of the posts to Dad in the Middle for July 2009. You will note that there were a greatly reduced number of posts this month. This was due to my Go Dark week during which I did not use any technology. I also only posted one article prior to that week announcing my plans to God Dark. So, here is a very brief Monthly Round Up:
The “Go Dark” Challenge
O Come Ye’ Children Synopsis
- Feed My Lambs (Synopsis of Come Ye’ Children – Chapter 1) [07/10/2009]
- Do Not Hinder the Children (Synopsis of Come Ye’ Children – Chapter 2) [07/31/2009]
Children’s Ministry / Kid’s Stuff
- My 30 Favorite Children’s Ministry Blogs (Presented by The Blog Patrol) [07/02/2009]
- Best Devotional Book for Kids [07/03/2009]
- Do You Know Whether Your Child is Saved? [07/07/2009]
- The Ultimate Goal in Children’s Ministry [07/08/2009]
Children’s Ministry Moments
- Children’s Ministry Moment #1 – Outdoor Guy [07/09/2009]
- Little Mouth…Deep Truth (Children’s Ministry Moment #2) [07/28/2009]
OK, so during my recap of my Go Dark week (Http://waynestocks.com/2009/07/25/going-dark-the-recap/) I mentioned that I had written a poem during one of my drives to work. OK, I didn’t actually write it during the drive. I came up with it during the drive and wrote it down later. Maybe I never should have mentioned it, but since I did, here it is. I call it:
God was around before the start of days.
And he created man on the sixth day.
Man sinned and fell on a fateful day.
Then man rejected God for a lot of days.
So, God dwelt amongst them for a few days.
Jesus died on the cross on a bad day.
He rose and conquered death on the third day.
And he went back up to heaven after forty days.
Now, we still sin against him every day,
But he’ll be coming back again someday.
So, it’s time to get right with him today.
So we can live with him past the end of days.