I’m not sure why exactly God put it on my heart to compile this listing, but since he did I decided I better do it. Theology is the study of God. Within Systematic Theology, there are various branches concerning elements of that study. Each has a very proper name. The following is, very simply, a listing of those branches:
- Theology Proper – study of the doctrine of God.
- Bibliology – study of the Bible.
- Christology – study of Jesus.
- Pneumatology – study of the Holy Spirit.
- Anthropology – study of humanity.
- Soteriology – study of Salvation.
- Ecclesiology – study of the Church.
- Eschatology – study of last things or end times.
- Prolegomena – study of methods and presuppositions before one does systematic theology (sometimes this involves the study of how God reveals himself).