Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church recetly preached a sermon from 1 Peter 5:5 called Humble Christians. In that sermon he offers an 8 point “test” to determine how humble you are. He is quick to point out that you are likely not the best judge of yourself for all of these questions and it is best to ask people close to you to get a more accurate view of your humility level. The 8 questions are:
- Are you teachable?
- How do you respond to correction and rebuke?
- Do you repent quickly and thoroughly?
- Are you considerate of other people?
- Do you serve and receive service well?
- Are you consistently aware of God’s grace in your life?
- Do you disagree in an agreeable way?
- How much attention and affirmation and affirmation do you require?
The whole sermon is definitely worth your time to check out.
You can find it right here! Also included at the site is a link to the sermon notes.