Posts Tagged "Mark Driscoll"
Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church recetly preached a sermon from 1 Peter 5:5 called Humble Christians. In that sermon he offers an 8 point “test” to determine how humble you are. He is quick to point out that you are likely not the best judge of yourself for all of these questions and it is best to ask people close to you to get a more accurate view of your humility level. The 8 questions are:
- Are you teachable?
- How do you respond to correction and rebuke?
- Do you repent quickly and thoroughly?
- Are you considerate of other people?
- Do you serve and receive service well?
- Are you consistently aware of God’s grace in your life?
- Do you disagree in an agreeable way?
- How much attention and affirmation and affirmation do you require?
The whole sermon is definitely worth your time to check out.
You can find it right here! Also included at the site is a link to the sermon notes.Read More
Welcome to this week’s installment of “The Blog Patrol.” I’ve tried to get back to the basics with this weeks’ Blog Patrol. In past weeks I have included more links for each day, but my goal with this process has been to include only the best posts. The problem I have been having is that there are so many good posts out there. That said, I have done my best to pick the best of the best for inclusion in the Blog Patrol, and tried to accept that that means that some good posts will be excluded. I hope that this process will help to keep the Blog Patrol more concise and useful to you the reader. If you have any suggestions for blogs that have not been featured in the Blog Patrol, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.
These are the stragglers from the prior week which I either didn’t receive or find in time to include in last week’s Blog Patrol. Enjoy!
- Clayton King looks at the importance and goal of Biblical teaching.
Wednesday (April 22, 2009)
- Steve Matthewson reports on Mark Driscoll’s talk from the Gospel Coalition. Apparently, Driscoll’s talk was a 40 point sermon on 2 Timothy 2:14-26.
- In this report, Matthewson looks at Tim Keller’s presentation on Acts 19:23-41 on discerning, exposing, and destroying the idols of our culture.
- John Starke starts a series on the call for Christian Hospitality.
- Tyler Kenny looks at why the exclusivity of the gospel offends.
Recently, ABC Nightline conducted another debate in their “Face-off” series. Previous face-offs have debated pornography and the existence of God. In their most recent face-off, ABC sought to debate the existence of the Devil. For this installment, they brought together Pastor Mark Driscoll of the Mars Hill Church and Annie Lobert who founded the Christian ministry “Hookers for Jesus” (on team Christian) to face-off against philosopher Deepak Chopra and Bishop Carlton Pearson.
Several interesting points were raised during the debate, and I think there are some fascinating items to reflect on, so I thought I would do this blog entry with my thoughts. I have not taken a lot of time to organize my thoughts, but I wanted to point out some of the high and low points. I also promised some preliminary thoughts in The Christian Forum (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=19371839356) a Facebook group I administer. So, here goes!Read More