Posts Tagged "Humility"
This blog is growing almost every day. Last month, I started a monthly recap of the prior month’s posts in case new readers may have missed something. I was a little late with it last month, but this month I met my goal to get it out in the first week of the month. Rather than a sequential listing of the posts for the month, I thought this would be more useful if I grouped things by category. So, here are the posts to Wayne’s Random Thoughts for the month of May 2009:
Shepherding A Child’s Heart Synopsis
- Ch. 8 – Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/03/2009]
- Ch. 9 – Embracing Biblical Methods: Types of Communication – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/07/2009]
- Ch. 10 – Embracing Biblical Methods: A Life of Communication – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/10/2009]
- Ch. 11 – Embracing Biblical Methods: The Rod – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/14/2009]
- Ch. 12 – Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/17/2009]
- Ch. 13 – Shepherding the Heart Summarized – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/21/2009]
- Ch. 14 – Infancy to Childhood: Training Objectives – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/24/2009]
- Ch. 15 – Infancy to Childhood: Training Procedures – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/28/2009]
- Ch. 16 – Childhood: Training Objectives – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [05/31/2009]
Monday Morning Prophecy
- Monday Morning Prophecy #3 – The use of the betrayal money [05/04/2009]
- Monday Morning Prophecy #4 – The fate of the betrayer [05/11/2009]
- Monday Morning Prophecy #5 – The office of the betrayer [05/18/2009]
- Monday Morning Prophecy #6 – Called from the Womb [05/25/2009]
Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church recetly preached a sermon from 1 Peter 5:5 called Humble Christians. In that sermon he offers an 8 point “test” to determine how humble you are. He is quick to point out that you are likely not the best judge of yourself for all of these questions and it is best to ask people close to you to get a more accurate view of your humility level. The 8 questions are:
- Are you teachable?
- How do you respond to correction and rebuke?
- Do you repent quickly and thoroughly?
- Are you considerate of other people?
- Do you serve and receive service well?
- Are you consistently aware of God’s grace in your life?
- Do you disagree in an agreeable way?
- How much attention and affirmation and affirmation do you require?
The whole sermon is definitely worth your time to check out.
You can find it right here! Also included at the site is a link to the sermon notes.Read More
Welcome to our post-Mother’s Day installment of the Blog Patrol! We’re changing things up a little bit this week. Since The Blog Patrol started, I have been posting it at around 6:30 EST on Tuesday afternoon. Starting this week, I will be posting it in the early hours of Tuesday morning. So, what does that mean for you? It just means no Tuesday entries in this week’s installment. We’ll pick that up next week. So, welcome to the one time only 6 day week of The Blog Patrol! [For those of you who notice such things – yes I realize the preponderance of blog series in the Patrol this week. It was not by design. There just happen to be a lot of good series out there this week. Same for the heavy weighting towards children’s ministry this week.]
These are the stragglers from the prior week which I either didn’t receive or find in time to add to last weeks Blog Patrol. Enjoy!
- A happen to have this blog, and this article makes me realize how blessed I am that God allowed me to be born in a country where I can write freely about my Lord.
- This is the beginning of a new series from Coffee With Chris in which we look at what it means to be a small group leader in youth Ministry. In part 1 of this series, Chris looks at caring about being a small group leader.
Wednesday (May 6, 2009)
- This second installment of the five part series from Jabberfrog looks at helping kids to memorize scripture.