Posts Tagged "Eschatology"
I’m not sure why exactly God put it on my heart to compile this listing, but since he did I decided I better do it. Theology is the study of God. Within Systematic Theology, there are various branches concerning elements of that study. Each has a very proper name. The following is, very simply, a listing of those branches:
- Theology Proper – study of the doctrine of God.
- Bibliology – study of the Bible.
- Christology – study of Jesus.
- Pneumatology – study of the Holy Spirit.
- Anthropology – study of humanity.
- Soteriology – study of Salvation.
- Ecclesiology – study of the Church.
- Eschatology – study of last things or end times.
- Prolegomena – study of methods and presuppositions before one does systematic theology (sometimes this involves the study of how God reveals himself).
This blog is growing almost every day. With that in mind, I thought it might make sense to do a monthly recap of the prior month’s posts in case new readers may have missed something. My goal is to get this out in the first week of each month. I barely made it this month. Rather than a sequential listing of the posts for the month, I thought this would be more useful if I grouped things by category. So, here are the posts to Wayne’s Random Thoughts for the month of April 2009:
Shepherding A Child’s Heart Synopsis
- Introduction – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/09/2009]
- Ch. 1 – Getting to the Heart of Behavior – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/12/2009]
- Ch. 2 – Your Child’s Development: Shaping Influences – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/12/2009]
- Ch. 3 – Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/16/2009]
- Ch. 4: You’re In Charge – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/19/2009]
- Ch. 5: Examining Your Goals – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/23/2009]
- Ch. 6: Reworking Your Goals – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/26/2009]
- Ch. 7 – Discarding Unbiblical Methods – Shepherding A Child’s Heart (A Synopsis) [04/30/2009]
Monday Morning Prophecy
- Monday Morning Prophecy #1 – Jesus would be betrayed by a friend [04/20/2009]
- Monday Morning Prophecy #2 – The Price of Betrayal [04/27/2009]
I am not a sandwich board wearing – yell at the the top of your lungs – the world is coming to an end kind of guy. That said, the bible is clear.
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.” [Revelation 21:1]
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” [Mark 13:31]
Dr. Russel Moore posted an interesting article on his blog yesterday regarding a more personal view of the study of Eschatology (The Doctrine of End Times). I am with Dr. Moore on not breaking fellowship on questions of Eschatology. The one thing I come across that sets me off though is the abundance of people who “predict” the time of the end. It’s clear that they’ve never read their Bibles:
“32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven,nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come.” [Mark 13:32-33]