Posts Tagged "Dad"
This book originally published by Sojourn Community Church, in Louisville, Kentucky, was written by Lindsay Blair and Bobby Giles and illustrated by Tessa James. It was originally published under the title “Pastor Daddy,” but has since been picked up by Christian Focus Publications and republished under it’s new name Our Home Is Like A Little Church.
In the introduction to the book Jared Kennedy, the Children’s Minister at Sojourn Community Church writes,
“God intended the home to be the front line of ministry to children – not the Sunday school or public church gathering alone. The church and the home are partners.”Read More
I great message for Dad’s and all parents. They’re watching even when you don’t think they see you.
Welcome to a special post-Father’s Day installment of the Blog Patrol! In honor of Father’s Day, all articles linked in this week’s blog patrol have to do with parenting, kids and Children’s Ministry.
These are the stragglers from the prior week which I either didn’t receive or find in time to add to last weeks Blog Patrol. Enjoy!
- Keith M. Jowers offers this moving personal testimony about growing up without a Dad.
Tuesday (June 16, 2009)
- John Fuller offers a link to a Voice of America report on the changing views of fatherhood in America.
- This article from CM Buzz looks at the growing trend of computer time being used to replace what was formerly family time and the negative impact of that trend.
- This article from John Younts reminds fathers that their attitude in parenting should mirror that of Christ.
- This article examines how to draw the best out of each child based on the unique gifts God has given him.
- Kenny Conley starts a new series on leading a child to faith with some background information.