Posts Tagged "Church"
This is an interesting take on Satan’s view of the church.
Many people avoid church because they are afraid of not fitting in. Here are some simple tips to help you feel like you fit in.
Seems like every day I see something else with a corporate sponsor. In this funny video, Tim Hawkins demonstrates what would happen if corporate America got hold of our your worship service.
BIG NEWS ABOUT THE BLOG PATROL
The Blog Patrol is now three months old, and I have had a great time putting together every week. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve found a lot of great blogs out there, and I’ve gotten a lot of great feedback. So…I’m changing it up. The truth is, this one weekly entry takes up a large chunk of my time. That time is starting to take away from my priorities in life…my God, my family and my ministry to kids. So, I’ve decided, at least temporarily to change things. Going forward, The Blog Patrol will be a monthly series rather than weekly. I can’t promise how soon after the end of each month I will get it out, but I am going to do my best. Also, over the last several months, The Blog Patrol has become increasingly focus on the issues of children’s ministry, kids and parenting. Without intending it, my love and God’s will for my life has had a significant impact on this series. So, I’ve decided for the time being I will be limited the monthly Blog Patrol to articles related primarily to those three topics. I still follow a lot of other non-Children’s Ministry related blogs, and if I see something particularly appealing, I will be sure to pass that along. So, with that out of the way, let’s get on to the last weekly installment of the Blog Patrol. By the way, if you have any feedback about the change in format, I would love to hear about it. Enjoy!
Since last week was dedicated to articles about parenting, kids, and children’s ministry in honor of Father’s Day, there are a lot of stragglers this week. I tried to limit it to the “best of the best!”
These are the stragglers from the prior week which I either didn’t receive or find in time to add to last weeks Blog Patrol. Enjoy!
- This articles asks the pressing question, are there doctrines you hold fast to that are not actually in the Bible. May favorite is, “God helps those who help themselves.” I’ve looked – it’s not in there!
- Bruce Ashford’s series on reading continues with this article with tips for getting the most out of what you choose to read.
- I didn’t want to leave you hanging on this series. In this installment, Bruce Ashford looks at other benefits of reading.
- In this article subtitled “12 Ways to Recognize the Rise of Covetousness,” John Piper looks at warning signs that your desire is turning into covetous idolatry.
- Thomas Rainer looks at 8 qualities that are necessary to be an effective leader in a church.
- In this final post in his Disciplined Reading Series, Bruce Ashford addersses some of the questions he received while writing this series.
- I love a bulleted summary, and Between Two Worlds offers this bulleted summary of the points raised by Bruce Ashford in his series on reading that we’ve been following here on the Blog Patrol!
- Being from Ohio, I felt morally bound to add this article to The Blog Patrol. I’d love to meet the collective genius that came up with this tourism plan!
- From Children’s Ministry Online, Kenny looks at 11 reasons you matter if you work in Children’s Ministry.
- In this short post, David Wakerly offers a unique twist on how to think of Children’s Ministry.