I love Christmas! I always have! I love Christmas Day, and I love everything that goes along with the Christmas season. I love Christmas music of all sorts. In fact, I loved it all long before I ever knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Obviously, since that time, it has taken on a whole new meaning. This Christmas season, I decided to use this blog to feature some of my favorite Christmas songs.
So, Beginning December 1 and continuing through December 25, this blog will host A Christmas Carol Advent. We will count down until Christmas through 25 popular Christmas songs. Each day will present a different song complete with a link to a youtube video, a brief history, a commentary and analysis of the song, a listing of questions that can be used for reflection and devotion and the lyrics to each song. I have tried to feature a mixture of traditional and contemporary songs.
I hope that you will interact with this advent calendar by posting comments on the many Christmas Songs that will be featured. If you have an interesting fact about the song, feel free to post it. If you want to answer one of the questions posed for each day, please feel free to leave a comment. I hope you will enjoy this series! MERRY CHRISTMAS from Dad in the Middle!
- December 1 – Christmas With A Capital “C”
- December 2 – O Little Town of Bethlehem
- December 3- Away In A Manger
- December 4 – This Baby
- December 5 – Do You Hear What I Hear?
- December 6 – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- December 7 – Manger Throne
- December 8 – We Three Kings
- December 9 – While Shepherds Watched
- December 10 – O Come All Ye Faithful
- December 11 – Joy To The World
- December 12 – Angels We Have Heard On High
- December 13 – God is With Us
- December 14 – O Come O Come Emmanuel
- December 15 – Christmas Hymn
- December 16 – Go Tell It On the Mountain
- December 17 – Babe in The Straw
- December 18 – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- December 19 – Mary’s Song
- December 20 – The First Noel
- December 21 – Mary’s Boy Child
- December 22 – Come And Worship
- December 23 – O Holy Night
- December 24 – Silent Night
- December 25 – It’s About the Cross