This friday marks the second time I will be attending Group's Kidmin Conference here in sunny Columbus, OH. Each year, I look forward to this opportunity for a variety of reasons. Today I want to highlight just a few of those reasons.
- Broader learning. Now that my ministry is not Sunday morning to Sunday morning, I find myself studying a broader range of topics, and Kidmin is a great place for that. Time permitting, I'll be learning about learning styles abd developmental phases – all great information when it comes to parachurch ministry.
- Reconnecting with friends. Conferences are great places to reconnect with people you don't get to see very often. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with some of my Kidmin friends this time around.
- Meeting new people. Kidmin is designed to connect, and I'm looking forward to making new friends as well.
- Katie Wetherbee and Anthony Prince. Both are doing workshops on working with Modern Families, and I am excited to hear their respective takes on an issue near and dear to my heart!
- True fellowship. It's hard to decribe the feeling of being surrounded by hundreds of people who share your passion. There is really nothing else quite like it.
- Spreading the word about ministering to kids from disrupted homes and modern families. It's great to see Kidmin offer some workshops on the topic, but I really feel led to be a voice calling in the wilderness to churches and people who already work with kids to address this critical issue.