The 30 Day Gratitude Challenge
You're invited to participate in my first ever Gratitude Challenge. From March 2 through March 25 we will focus on the people and things in our lives that we are grateful for, why we are grateful and what life would be like without them. In five-ten minutes a day, we will shift our focus from the negative aspects of our lives to the positive and create a lasting record of the stuff that matters most to us.
Here's how it works:
1. Spend two minutes a day thinking about something or someone that you are grateful for.
2. Spend five minutes recording (writing, typing, recording in a journal app, etc) the thing you are grateful for. Answer the following questions:
- What am I grateful for?
- When did I first realize I was grateful for it?
- Why am I grateful for it?
- What would my life be like without it?
The actual writing/recording of the entry is important as it will force us to think about the item we are grateful for as we write and give us something to look back on in the future to remember our gratitude.
3. Spend two minutes reflecting on your answers.
Here are the only rules:
- Comment below, or on Facebook, Twitter, etc. to let us know that you are participating in the Gratitude Challenge.
- Commit to doing it every day. If you miss a day, try to double up, but if you can't don't worry about it.
- DO NOT post your entries anywhere on social media. This exercise isn't about impressing other people with what you are grateful for or even letting other people know you are grateful for them (though you are welcome to do that – in person). This is about you getting in touch and recognizing the things in your life that you're grateful for.
- DO share this challenge with others and encourage them to participate.
- DO share what you are learning from doing this challenge on social media so others can see the benefit of detailing what you're grateful for.
So, who's in? Let me know by commenting below or sharing on Twitter or Facebook. I look forward to exploring gratitude with you!