It’s time for a simple post. Simple to read, and more importantly simple to write. God has blessed me abundantly in my life. One area is as a Dad. I love being a Dad. It is frustrating at times, and there are moments when I wonder whether I am really cut out for it, but when push comes to shove, I really like being a Dad. The hardest part of this post was limiting the list to just ten items. Here’s my list:
- Hugs and kisses after a long day at work, or before bedtime, or just because.
- The cute things they say that make you smile from ear to ear.
- When God speaks through them into my life.
- Hearing “I love you Daddy.”
- Seeing their face when they open that present that they really want.
- Having the opportunity to model God the father in their lives.
- Cuddling on the couch and watching a movie.
- Watching them grow and learn.
- Listening to their stories.
- Seeing the world through their eyes.
Thanks to Joshua (17), Jacob (9), Lyndsey (7) and Nathan (3). They are the inspiration for this post! This picture is from a couple of years ago. It’s amazing how hard it is to get pictures of all six of us together.
What would you add? Leave a comment below. Moms are welcome to comment too!