It is impossible to please God without faith (Hebrews 11:6). Accordingly, faith seemed like the next logical topic for the I believe series. So, without further ado, here is what I believe about faith:
What Is Faith?
- Faith is the substance of things asked for [Hebrews 11:1]
- Faith is the conviction of things unseen [Hebrews 11:1]
- Faith involves waiting for things to come [Hebrews 11:13]
- Faith is a shield [Ephesians 6:6]
- Faith is a breastplate [1 Thesalonians 5:8]
- Faith is most holy [Jude 1:20]
Where Does Faith Come From?
- Christ is the author of our faith [Hebrews 12:2]
- Christ is the perfecter of our faith [Hebrews 12:2]
- Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirt [1 Corinthians 12:9]
- Our faith is through Christ and equal to all saints [2 Peter 1:1]
How Do We Get Faith?
- Faith is a gift of God [Romans 12:3]
- Scripture is designed to give us faith [John 20:31, 2 Timothy 3:15]
- Preaching results in faith [Romans 10:14-15, Romans 10:17]
Why Should We Have Faith?
- Christ must be received by faith [Romans 3:25, Galatians 2:16, Phillipians 3:9]
- Faith brings peace with God [Romans 5:1]
- It is impossible to please God without faith [Hebrews 11:6]
- Faith is commanded by God [1 John 3:23, 1 Corinthians 16:13]
- As Christians, we live by faith [Galatians 2:20]
- Stewardship of the gospel is accomplished by faith [1 Timothy 1:4]
- Faith is necessary to accept the gospel [Hebrews 4:2]
- We are saved through faith [Ephesians 2:8]
- Faith leads to the forgiveness of sins [Acts 10:43, Romans 3:25]
- We are justified by faith [Romans 3:21-22, Romans 3:28-30, Romans 5:1, Galatians 2:16, Romans 4:16]
- Faith cleanses our hearts [Acts 15:9]
- Faith leads to sanctification [Acts 26:18]
- We are guarded by our faith [1 Peter 1:5]
- We are sons of God by faith [Galations 3:26]
- Faith gives us access to God [Romans 5:2, Ephesians 3:12]
- Faith leads to the inheretance of promised things [Hebrews 6:12]
- The Holy Spirit comes through faith [Galatians 3:14]
- We speak of God by faith [2 Corinthians 4:13]
- Faith allows Christ to dwell in our hearts [Ephesians 3:17]
- Faith is necessary in prayer [James 1:6, Mathew 21:22]
- Faith allows us to stand free of fear [Romans 11:20]
- Faith overcomes the world [1 John 5:4-5]
- Faith allows us to resist and overcome the devil [1 Peter 5:9, Ephesians 6:16]
- Faith grounds us [Colossians 1:23]
Who Should We Put Our Faith In?
- Our faith should be in the power of God [1 Corinthians 2:5]
- Jesus is to be the object of our faith [Romans 3:21-22, Romans 5:1, Galatians 2:16]
What is Our Role in Faith?
- We must build our faith [Jude 1:20]
- Faith is a fight [1 Timothy 6:12]
- Faith excludes boasting [Romans 3:27]
- Christians walk by faith rather than sight [2 Corinthians 4:12]
- Faith is something the Christian can excel in [2 Corinthians 8:7]
- We must continue in the faith [Acts 14:22, Colossians 1:23]
- Should pray for increasing faith [Luke 17:5]
- Faith must be contended for [Jude 1:3]
How Does Faith Relate to Love?
What Is The Evidence of Faith?
- We should test ourselves to make sure we have faith [2 Corinthians 13:5]
- True faith is evidenced by its fruit [James 2:21-25]
- Faith without works is dead [James 2:17, James 2:26]
What is the Relationship Between Faith and Sin?
- Whatever is not from faith is sin [Romans 14:23]
What Kind of Faith Does God Want?
- God wants us to have a considered faith, not blind faith [1 Thessalonians 5:21]