Welcome to “the traffic is a little bit lighter these days because everyone is on vacation” edition of The Blog Patrol. O.K. That actually has nothing to do with this weeks edition of The Blog Patrol but was just a random observation I made driving home on Monday. That said, enjoy the articles this week. There are a bunch of really thought provoking articles included.
These are the stragglers from the prior week which I either didn’t receive or find in time to add to last weeks Blog Patrol. Enjoy!
- This article offers some critical guidelines for leaders in Children’s Ministry.
Tuesday (June 9, 2009)
- Rob Bradbury looks at the scientific evidence that giving is better than receiving.
- This post reminds us that kids, while they can deepen our faith, are not always “a walking, talking daily reminder of Jesus.”
- In this first part of a two part series, Perry Noble looks at the fact that the enemy will always come after the leader and looks at ways to prepare for those attacks.
- Tony Reinke looks at 10 reminders about the gospel gleaned from Galatians 1:6-10
- Adrian Warnock looks at 7 questions to test the gift of prophecy.
- Michael Spencer asks the question of whether or not evangelizing teens amounts to child abuse.
- Owen Strachan offers this warning to parents about children and sports. This one is definitely worth reading for any parents.
Wednesday (June 10, 2009)
- This article looks at the importance of really listening to children!
- Geoff Surratt offers this advice to pastor on avoiding shipwrecking their lives. This article is directed towards pastors in light of yet another failure in the pastorate, but there is sound advice for all Christians in this article.
- For those of us who love to read, Bruce Ashford offers some advice on how we should choose what to read.
- This article is part two of Perry Nobles short series on spiritual warfare. This articles looks at the fact that the enemy will always come after the spiritual leader’s family.
- This is one of the newer blogs I’ve started following. In this article, the dual potential of children (i.e., God’s plan vs. Satan’s desire) is examined.
Thursday (June 11, 2009)
- Russell Moore offers a link to an article by Beth Spraul addressing how “chick flicks” impact our view of marriage.
- Thabiti Anyabwie offers a Declaration of Dependence on God originally written by Skip Moen.
- Dr. Albert Mohler writes on a topic near and dear to my heart – silence. As the father of four kids, I treasure silence whenever I can find it. This article looks at the negative impact on kids of not having silence.
- This article looks at the discipleship of children in Children’s Ministries.
Friday (June 12, 2009)
- I love stories about kids and God. Check this one out.
- Kevin DeYoung offers some thoughts in follow up to a John Piper post on Hero Worship v. Holy Emulation.
Saturday (June 13, 2009)
- This article looks at avoiding burn out in Children’s Ministry.
- Nathan Finn takes a look at the difference between what makes up a religion and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- This short articles gives six reasons Christian families should have tons of kids.
Sunday (June 14, 2009)
- This article looks at why it is necessary to have some generalist scholars when it comes to the Bible as opposed to all specialists.
Monday (June 15, 2009)
- In its usual lighthearted and insightful manner, Stuff Christians Like looks at the phenomenon of Twitter and making ourselves sound holier than we actually are.
- Michael Kelly offers this short article on choosing faith over various opther options in our lives.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of “The Blog Patrol.”
Image courtesy of www.christart.com