Welcome to our post-Mother’s Day installment of the Blog Patrol! We’re changing things up a little bit this week. Since The Blog Patrol started, I have been posting it at around 6:30 EST on Tuesday afternoon. Starting this week, I will be posting it in the early hours of Tuesday morning. So, what does that mean for you? It just means no Tuesday entries in this week’s installment. We’ll pick that up next week. So, welcome to the one time only 6 day week of The Blog Patrol! [For those of you who notice such things – yes I realize the preponderance of blog series in the Patrol this week. It was not by design. There just happen to be a lot of good series out there this week. Same for the heavy weighting towards children’s ministry this week.]
These are the stragglers from the prior week which I either didn’t receive or find in time to add to last weeks Blog Patrol. Enjoy!
- A happen to have this blog, and this article makes me realize how blessed I am that God allowed me to be born in a country where I can write freely about my Lord.
- This is the beginning of a new series from Coffee With Chris in which we look at what it means to be a small group leader in youth Ministry. In part 1 of this series, Chris looks at caring about being a small group leader.
Wednesday (May 6, 2009)
- This second installment of the five part series from Jabberfrog looks at helping kids to memorize scripture.
Thursday (May 7, 2009)
- Albert Mohler examines the new assisted suicide laws in the state of Washington.
- In this series that started two weeks ago, Dan Scott looks at the process his church is working through for their children’s program from birth through 18 years old.
- This third installment of the five part series from Jabberfrog looks at teaching kids how to talk to God.
- This Ray Ortlund article examines the difference between the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the accusation of the Devil.
- From Ministry-to-children.com, Tony Kummer looks at five ways to get parents involved in what their kids learn in Children’s Ministry.
- In this second part of his look at the jobs of a small group leader in a youth program, Chris looks at Accountability between a leader and a teen.
- Stacee Strickland looks at five things she has learned about Children’s Ministry.
Friday (May 8, 2009)
- Perry Noble looks at this apparently oxymoronic quality of an effective leader.
- This article looks at whether you need to teach kids their depravity and, if so, how. I’m not sure I agree with all the conclusions, but it is an interesting article nonetheless.
- Gerald Hiestand looks at the biblical role of men and women.
- This article examines another downside to our cultures seeming aversion to children.
- This short article lists six types of leaders. Which type are you?
Saturday (May 9, 2009)
- This is a great blog that accumulated information about free stuff for people in Children’s Ministry.
Sunday (May 10, 2009)
- This sermon from Adrian Warnock looks at how our prayer life is improved by understanding that we pray to a God who answers.
Monday (May 11, 2009)
- Alan Higgins looks at the importance of studying theology for all Christians.
- I didn’t go back and look, but as I recall every Blog Patrol thus far has included at least one article from Stuff Christians Like. In this installment – being tricked into volunteering for Vacation Bible School.
- Albert Mohler has an interesting perspective on why Mother’s Day in its current form might not be all it is cracked up to be.
- In this third part of his look at the jobs of a small group leader in a youth program, Chris looks at relational connection.
- > This fourth installment of the five part series from Jabberfrog looks at teaching kids how to articulate their faith.
- This is part three of a series from Karen Wingate on dealing with bullies.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of “The Blog Patrol.”
Image courtesy of www.christart.com